For the ultimate Mage PvP Guide,
When it comes to Mage PvP, Battlegrounds are your ultimate challenge.
Luckily, if you are a skilled PvP Mage, you won’t have much to worry about.
Many of the players that are entering the Battlegrounds, even at level 80, still have no idea how to take on PvP battles.
And if you are new to playing a Mage in PvP, here are some basics.
Mage PvP Guide – Warsong
The secret to playing a PvP Mage successfully in Warsong is to stay alive.
You aren’t a good flag runner, so the best thing you can do is farm honorable kills.
The more kills, the more honor, and then you can turn those honor points in for even better Mage PvP kill.
Remember to stay with the main group so that you can hang towards the back and destroy people from a distance.
If you can take other PvP players on one vs. one you will gain the most honor, but take care not to get overpowered.
If nothing else, attempt to take down the flag carrier whenever possible.
Mage PvP Guide To Arathi Basin
- Your Mage PvP spells will become very useful in this Battleground.
- Mages can capture the flag if it is left unguarded.
- Remember to watch out for stealthed enemy players.
- Other than that, the main strategy is to kill as many other PvP players as you can.Even if you lose Arathi Basin you can still come up with a decent amount of honor if you can keep the game close and make multiple honorable kill
Mage PvP Guide To Alterac Valley and Eye of the Storm
- For these two Battlegrounds the best PvP Mages will stay with the group.
- In order to win, your team will need to attack the opponent en masse.
- Solo players are likely to get killed off fairly quickly.
- Use your crowd control Mage PvP spells to assist your team in killing off as many other players as possible.
Mage PvP Guide To Arena
- Arena is the ultimate Battleground and test of your Mage PvP skills.
- The most important thing is finding a good team.
- If you are playing 2v2 then you either need another high DPS class or a healer.
- All 3v3 and 5v5 teams should have at least one healer in them.
- Try out a few teammates before you commit.
- In order to make the most of your Arena time you need to win as often as possible.
In 2v2 fights, use your Mage PvP spells against the healer first.
In larger skirmishes, make sure that everyone on your team is attacking the same opponent at the same time.
And don’t forget to keep your team well fed.
Mages are the only class that can conjure food and water, and your teammates cannot eat or drink unless you provide them with it.
Hope these tips have helped you in some way.
If you need more indepth information;